Ensuring the sustainability and continued advancement
of open-source civic open data ecosystems
- CKAN Monthly Live Presentation
- CKAN Major Releases Timeline: A Journey of Continuous Improvement
- Sensemaking Workshop Recap
- Summary of Ecosystem Interviews Released
- CKAN Instance Analysis
- Schedule of Sensemaking Workshops
- Towards a Robust, Open-Source Civic Data Ecosystem
With support from the NSF’s Pathways to Enable Open-Source Ecosystems (POSE) program this project will develop a plan to strengthen CKAN so that the software can continue to provide an effective platform for open data, open government, and open science initiatives.
In order to achieve this - the project team will work with CKAN stewards to explore several issues through this project, including:
- Adequately supporting and managing product maintenance;
- Integrating innovations developed by members of the ecosystem with the core product;
- Maintaining relevance with changes to the transparency and open data landscape; and
- Ensuring that user needs are integrated with product development road maps.